Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Be Still My Heart

So fashion for the last several seasons has been extremely lackluster for me, but I'm so excited looking at runway shows from the SS12 shows that are going on right now. I think the 80's are officially dead (again). I hate 99.99% of 80's fashion trends. I love the 40's and 50's glamour, and there is something about certain 90's trends that I'll always love (plaid, maxi-skirts, layers), but not much about the 80's is really very captivating to me. Truth be told, even though I went to school for fashion, and work in the industry, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to my wardrobe. A basic top, some jeans, mabye a necklace or two, a leather jacket and some ballet flats is pretty much my day to day uniform.

Looking through the shows, one of my favorites so far is the Badgley Mischka show. Bright colors, peplums, cinched waists....it has a definate updated 40's look about it. Lady-like dressing. I love it. It might even inspire me to buy a few dresses very soon.

I am trying a new project, which is to draw at least 1 thing each day for the next year (I've considered doing the 360 photo project as well, but that's a little more difficult). The only days I know I'll miss are the days near my wedding (next month!!!). But, last Christmas Chad bought me a nifty drawing table and I've decided that I don't want to get rusty in my hand sketching skills (everything I draw for work is vector). So what better time to start the 1 drawing a day regimine than while fashion week is going on. Lots of inspiration. Anyways, here are a few of the looks that I love from the Badgley Mischka show. I will post a sketch or two from this show later.

Lots of love

-Amanda Marie







All photos are from the SS'12 Badgley Mischka show. Photos from www.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment